Facilities adapted to business needs
The BioArk occupies several buildings for a useful surface of more than 10'000m2.
The site offers multi-functional infrastructure, including:
- fully equipped and secured "plug and play" laboratories;
- office space;
- a clean room infrastructure for biotechnology activities (Class C), cGMP ;
- a controlled atmosphere unit (temperature and hygrometry);
- common equipment (autoclave, washing machine for laboratory glassware, etc.);
- equipped conference rooms (screens, beamer...);
- several archiving and storage spaces;
- several cafeterias;
- several relaxation areas;
- parking spaces.
Services available on site
Located in the heart of the Monthey industrial site, BioArk benefits from and participates in the international promotion of the site and its players. In addition, it offers :
- integration into an environment and networks with an international reputation;
- easier access to public funds supporting innovation in Switzerland and Europe;
- special facilities dedicated to biotechnology (laboratories, platforms, etc.);
- practical support with mounting your projects;
- events and networking with leading partners from Switzerland and abroad.
At the site, SMEs and start-ups also benefit from The Ark Foundation's support services, in particular:
- Accelerator: assistance in the commercial development of new technologies
- Incubator: professional help in starting business projects
- Innovation: support in the development of business innovation in SME's
For an SME or a start-up, setting up at BioArk in Monthey means the guarantee of high-quality, “Swiss made” services, together with the provision of economic advantages.
Valais has another BioArk, in Visp, which – in partnership with a local company – offers a service specialising in Fill and Finish.