Facilities adapted to business needs
BioArk occupies a 6,000m2 building and can count on a total available area of 24,000m2 for other extensions or “tailor-made” industrial projects.
The site offers multifunctional facilities, in particular:
- fully equipped and completely secure “plug and play” laboratories;
- office space;
- clean room facilities for biotechnology activities (Class C), cGMP;
- a controlled atmosphere unit (temperature and hygrometry);
- shared equipment (including an autoclave and a washer for the laboratory glassware);
- fully equipped conference rooms (screens, beamer, etc.);
- archiving and storage space;
- a cafeteria;
- parking spaces.
Services available on site
Located in the heart of the Monthey industrial site, BioArk benefits from and participates in the international promotion of the site and its players. In addition, it offers :
- integration into an environment and networks with an international reputation;
- easier access to public funds supporting innovation in Switzerland and Europe;
- special facilities dedicated to biotechnology (laboratories, platforms, etc.);
- practical support with mounting your projects;
- events and networking with leading partners from Switzerland and abroad.
At the site, SMEs and start-ups also benefit from The Ark Foundation's support services, in particular:
- Accelerator: assistance in the commercial development of new technologies
- Incubator: professional help in starting business projects
- Innovation: support in the development of business innovation in SME's
For an SME or a start-up, setting up at BioArk in Monthey means the guarantee of high-quality, “Swiss made” services, together with the provision of economic advantages.
Valais has another BioArk, in Visp, which – in partnership with a local company – offers a service specialising in Fill and Finish.